Saturday, July 14, 2012

a night at the museum

in this day and age, being a nerd isn't the worst thing in the world. it's not like middle school, anymore, where the socially awkward geniuses sitting front row during math and science class were picked on, given wedgies, thrown spit balls at...

those days are over (at least I hope) and the nerds are now having the last laugh, especially when San Francisco's Academy of Sciences began hosting the weekly NightLife party.

being a nerd is finally cool, and what better place to unleash your inner geek, with a cocktail in hand, than at the museum?

from high school field trips to adult shenanigans. partying with the fishies.

I honestly couldn't tell you what half the above images are of, though it's obvious you'll see some urchins, jellyfish, a crazy sea horse, and of course the famous albino alligator


the lights and images flickering off the projector were probably my favorite to look at (I mean, let's be honest) but juxtaposed with the serenity of the aquarium and shrubbery inside the museum, it brought a nice vibe to the place - not to mention some light electronic-meets-reggae type music (if that's even a thing)

NightLife runs from 6-10, so it's not really living up to the standards of "nightlife" we're used to, but nerds need their beauty rest I suppose.

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Looks nice. Also like your others pictures.

I have seen your blog here, It is nice to meet you! I will keep watching it in future, on more thing,

If you have a minute, please check out my blog and follow me if you liked it. I'll appreciate it so much! Thanks!


Blow a Rainbow



Mwaks!

~priscilla ~

ZxM Fashion Addicts said...

NICE PICS!





http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/