Friday, July 20, 2012

hommes

fashion friday: menswear x asos

so. the other day I went over to bloomingdale's with my cousin (who is a bride to-be) to check out her fiancé trying on his tux for the wedding; it hit me then and there how little I know about mens fashion. there is so much thought & precision that goes into tailoring, that I don't even know where to begin analyzing it. even if menswear is so simple, it really comes down to structure and fit which make each piece look incredible.

coincidentally, I saw the asos autumn 2012 lookbook and I love the way they all the hommes were styled - with a brilliant mix of structured & fitted blazers and trousers, to loud prints that will have you screaming for more...I can't get enough of it.





see more of the asos mens AW2012 lookbook here

4 comments:

Corina from Simplement heureuse said...

Thank you for your lovely comment!
I follow you now on GfC and Bloglovin. I would be sooo happy if you could follow back on both and like my Facebook page.
xoxo
http://simplement-heureuse.blogspot.ro

Mimi said...

this is a really interesting post! i just realized that i don't know much about men's fashion either. ;)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Emily Ulrich said...

I'm with you. I can appreciate menswear when done successfully, and I know how I like it to look, but I know virtually nothing about it. My cousin was trying to get my opinions and my offerings of advice, but I had no clue what to tell him. Great inspo, though, I'm sure it's something I should try to learn more about in the future.

Krystal said...

i like all of the color in these looks! very stylish :)