Monday, July 16, 2012

fantasea

music monday: azealia banks


easily one of my favorite up & coming artists of 2012. azealia is a ƁРʙI h - she spits the most amazing tracks, rocks the flyest fits...and just turned 21.

last week, she released her first mix tape Fantasea and I am obsessed.
here's a statement she released before unleashing the beast:

I originally started this mixtape with the intention of letting go of a ton of old ideas… like songs I started writing but never finished. My ideas and concepts started to develop, so I changed the title and began to try and make the project more cohesive.
Fantasea is almost kind of a first album of sorts….but it happened by mistake…. It’s weird. This is a test run… I tried a lot of cool things… Sounds I thought were progressive, beats made by close friends, different flowsss.
Lololololol I hope you guys like it! I’m nervoussssss.
well lucky for you, azealia, we LOVE it. in particular, "Esta Noche" is the nastiest mashup I've heard in a while.




download Fantasea for $0.00 here - you won't regret it!

images via tumblr

No comments: