Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fam Irvoll's winter creatures

two weeks later and I'm still laughing at the SNL sketch, "Bein' Quirky with Zooey Deschanel." if you haven't seen it again, put it on your to-do list now. I bring it up because in the sketch, Bjork (brilliantly played by Kristin Wiig) knits a sweater for an octopus for no apparent reason other than in part to her quirky self. this scene immediately popped in my mind after viewing photos from Fam Irvoll's winter collection at London Fashion Week.

photo by kris atomic
I hadn't heard of this designer until today, but it turns out Fam is a Norwegian designer resides in London. inspired by "Alice in Wonderland, cartoons, toys, food, cakes and candy," all elements are apparent in her bright, quirky collection.




see the entire catwalk images at vogue uk

8 comments:

Girlie Blogger said...

Wow. Really interesting.

avalonne hall said...

Hey Coy! Thanks for checking out my campaign, I really appreciate it! I'm really excited about my project! I really hope it will speak to people and offer some kind of insight.

I chose IndieGoGo over Kickstarter, because Kickstarter has a strict fixed funding, whereas, IndieGoGo offers flexible funding, so I don't have to reach my goal, but of course, I want to :) But thank you for the suggestion!

Naina said...

Ahhh so cute! Love the backpack.

SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

BobbieAustin27 said...

this collection looks like a lot of fun
I really like it, the bags are so cute
great feature :)

Mariana said...

The first pic in this is just so cool!

Do check out the ClucbCouture giveaway on my blog Miss Tangerine, maybe you'll be the lucky one!

trouble.in.paradise said...

these are so cute!

Stéphane Mairgance said...

C'est très drole et ludique, Stéphane, Paris

Constance said...

This collection is AMAZING!!

♡♡♡
http://www.afrenchinlosangeles.com/