Sunday, January 22, 2012

fly in style

airports. I have a love/hate relationship with them...with traveling in general.
tonight I finally set off to NYC again. it's bittersweet especially after spending more than a month back home. seeing my friends & family on a weekly basis makes it a bit hard moving back to the big apple where I'm practically alone.
I am excited for school to start up again. going back after completing my first semester of grad school is a weird feeling. I'm used to going back to LA after visiting home, not doing anything, working from home, yadda yadda.
I have no idea what to expect this semester and that's sort of what I'm worried about. more than dealing with the snow and ridiculously cold temperature. I got a pair of Hunter boots over the weekend so I'm sort of prepared, but barely. just wish me luck.

so that brings me to why I'm posting here...airport attire! I loathe dressing up for the airport. I remember the days in undergrad where I'd settle for sweats and uggs and call it a motherf***ing day. 
now that I'm in my 20's and actually feeling like an adult, I find the urge to dress a little less casual when I'm traveling.
of course, celebs always have to look their best on a day-to-day basis, what with paparazzi snapping their photos every 5 seconds...so I always look to the stars to see what they're wearing to the airport and usually, I'm liking what Vanessa Hudgens & Nicole Richie sport while traveling


essentials: boots, good jacket, sunnies, jeans/leggings, giant carry-on purse

what is your go-to travel outfit? let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

Am2Pm said...

nice post!!
Christy

http://am2pmchic.blogspot.com/

Hannah said...

Lauren Conrad is amazing with travel outfits! Always looking to her for inspiration. I've only just found your blog! FOLLOWING! xxxxx

Urban Fashionisto said...

I feel the same way about airports. But, I agree their airport looks are niceee.
-http://urbanfashionisto.com

Fashion to Go said...

Ah yes..airport attire. I admire those that can look chic effortless in these situations.