Thursday, February 17, 2011

whiteout

Sophie Srej in Costume Denmark February 2011
Shot by: Mikael Schulz
Styling by: Maiken Winther







whiteness. like a blank canvas, this editorial creates a portrait using the very colorless element it is made of, modeled by a person that shares this very characteristic in her outer appearance.

I love this editorial and I love the classic, minimalistic styling - which make this shade so unboring. however, I was reminded of this rhetorical concept of whiteness which reminds us that is it so easy to label someone with this distinct skin tone as either superior, or invisible. it is clear & understood that race is a social construct. it doesn't exist, as it is based on solely the color of your skin. ethnicity is forgotten. hence, invisibility. but maybe that's the irony.


via fashion copious

15 comments:

WILHELMINA said...

i love white in this season ! ideal picture :) lets visit my blog too www.pozerki.blogspot.com

xx

Ms Polevshchikova said...

In love with the first look, the blouse with that necklace is to die for! keep it up coco! xx


http://speakprada.blogspot.com/

YB* said...

I can tell that you really like white. Great blog!! Keep up the good work!

http://www.carpe-diem13.blogspot.com

Natalie-Catherine said...

UHM WOW! I love this editorial! Its so pure!

Just found out i'm going to London fashion week so check out all my upcoming posts!
Check out my blog and follow if you like...
http://leatherjacketsrougelips.blogspot.com/
xxxxxx

ModeKarussell said...

Just came across your blog and wanted to invite you to take part at my giveaway ;)
Click here to take part

silvia Navarro said...

you´re so cute....
beautiful blog!!
congratulations!=P
xoxo
FOLLOW U

diana kang said...

love this! xx

Briana Le & Merissa Ren said...

yes yes a million times yes.

c'est freak, le chic said...

I really, really like this post and agree 110% x

Kristen said...

love this. simple, clean but still so interesting

ChiccaStyle said...

The first look is amazing!!!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Claire Alexandra said...

I love your header and your name. Your blog is just all around amazing!

xo,
thecitizenscloset.blogspot.com

Ber. said...

thanks for your help on the youtube thing ♥
take care!

The student's guide to affordable luxury said...

I love minimalistic fashion! Great photos.

ChloƩ said...

I like how you said that the model shows a quality in her outer appearance, because we really don't know what her inner being is like. The distinction between her looks and character is a really loaded detail.