Thursday, January 6, 2011

the man behind the cam

I came across this great video of Scott Schumann, better known as The Sartorialist, in a quick glimpse into his life as a blogger, fashion extraordinaire and somewhat icon to photography. take a look...



after meeting the Schu last year, I've been even more intrigued by his blog and his ability to dictate the trends. there are a ton of blogs out there that are modeled after The Sartorialist, even the work I did during the summer was inspired by Scott's street style photo brigade, capturing unconventional and trendy style whenever you see it in front of you. in hindsight, we're all inspired by our surroundings - what we see, who we hang out with, where we live...


I was so inspired by this video that I decided, why not share some of my style inspirations?
here are the things, people, places I always turn to when I need an uppity boost on life & fashion:




paris | olsens | kate | friends | antiques

here's my playlist as well if you're interested in the kind of music I listen to on the daily:
1. Icarus by White Hinterland
2.  Blazin' by Nicki Minaj feat. Kanye West
3. All I Want is You by Miguel
4. Seven by Fever Ray
5. Tell Me by Groove Theory

8 comments:

The Girlie Blog said...

Thanks for sharing the video! It was very inspiring.

silvia Navarro said...

wow!!! great blog!!!love your style!!!
xx
happy new year

http://1sillaparamibolso.blogspot.com/

Setty Lepida said...

Hi there sweetie, you already know that I really love your blog, so I have a blog award for you. If you are interested please follow this link

http://settylepida.blogspot.com/2011/01/you-make-me-happy.html

P.S.
AMAZING POST, LOVE IT !!!
Have a great weekend !

Snow Black said...

I was lucky enough to get his book signed by him when he came to London. So nice ;-) And I just love the Olsen Twins ;-)

http://www.snowblackblog.com/

FashionableAsians said...

He is truly inspiring! I dream about bumping into him in NY someday and him wanting to take a snapshot of my outfit .. sigh*

ALICE said...

I totes L O V E your blog.

This post was so interesting, thanks for sharing. 100% following you.

♥Alice

come see me at http://fashionandcircus.blogspot.com

Madeleine said...

nice photos :)

I invite you to observe my blog :)

MizzJ said...

That's so cool that you got to meet him!! Was he super intimidating or friendly??