Monday, September 20, 2010

what I fancy for spring '11

I know I'm about a week late but I've had ZERO time to update myself on all the NYFW frenzy until now. so with that being said, I present my top picks for SS 2011. enjoy...


sheer winners
everything about Spring/Summer 2011 is sheer, no doubt about it. from pants to just about anything, sheer is the way to go.




Rag & Bone, Charlotte Ronson, J. Mendel, Thakoon, Nicole Miller, Richard Chai



box appeal
absolute zero form-fitted



Calvin Klein, Diane von Furstenberg, Rag & Bone, Proenza Schouler, Nicole Miller, Jill Stuart



xl top & bottom
a common theme I found among most shows. it looks like the looser the fit, the better and I have no problem with that.




Michael Kors, Nanette Lepore, Diane von Furstenberg, Proenza Schouler, Richard Chai



minis
there were tons of maxis but in the springtime, you gotta show some leg






Badgley Mischka, Anna Sui, Jan Kao, Rag & Bone, 3.1 Phillip Lim, L'Wren Scott
Thakoon, Charlotte Ronson, Jenni Kayne



to the floor (or calf) length jackets
nothing sexier and more feminine than an extra long trench or coat paired with a tinier number inside




Nanette Lepore, Michael Kors, Derek Lam, Donna Karan, Jen Kao, Alexander Wang



jumpsuits
I love myself a good onesie and these are to die for




Derek Lam, Oscar de la Renta, Alexander Wang, Marc Jacobs, Bensoni, Diane von Furstenberg



tailor made
such an array of great menswear-inspired pieces that I am so ready to rock a fitted blazer and trousers.





Vera Wang, Jason Wu, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Ports 1961, Bensoni, Narciso Rodriguez, Rodarte, Calvin Klein, Jill Stuart



all around favorites






Peter Som, Bensoni, Proenza Schouler, Michael Kors, Calvin Klein, Diane von Furstenberg, L'Wren Scott, Rodarte, Charlotte Ronson



images via style.com, fashiongonerouge, nymag.com, modelcouture

9 comments:

M I N G said...

I've been really into XL items and minis too!!

Bridget said...

i am soo not into the boxy look- but the rest are the bomb. where can i find myself a good jumpsuit? im on it!

Dolls Factory said...

Hello , I came to your blog from the “IFB discussion Show us your blog”
and here I am Loving your blog , lets become fashionable blogger friends , lets follow each other.

Maybe you’ll be interested in the FENDI GIVEAWAY I’m having on my blog.
http://www.thedollsfactory.com/2010/09/fendi-giveaway.html


--
Find Dolls Factory on

http://www.thedollsfactory.com/

monica said...

SOOOO HAPPY about the continuation of minis, sheer pieces, tailored jackets and jump suits

looking forward to next summer already :)

that girl lucy said...

sheer all the way!

Bijou's Style said...

amazing post! I think u covered everything :)

my fave is the "minis"

xx

www.bijousstyle.com

Nicoline said...

I love your blog!:) I hope you wil check mine:
www.abitofeverything-nicoline.blogspot.com

tailorstitch said...

i would rock so many of theses looks!

♥ LOLA ♥ said...

amazing post!!!
i cant wait for next spring

xoxo
Genevieve & LOLA Blog ♥