Thursday, August 26, 2010

humble abodes

if I could, I would be an interior designer. but I am not creative, nor do I know anything about furnishing homes. but I love to appreciate the art of home decor, which is why I want to dedicate this post to everything that's inspired me to want to TRY and make my apartment as cute as it can be.

Kelly Wearstler is a design inspiration, as she's not afraid to mix prints and use bold colors. The result is a beautiful, unique space.








I came across these images from A Fanciful Twist and loved the look of her dressing table - the colors and organized clutter



Kevin Sharkey's apartment featured in Martha Stewart Living



I love the effect different frames give when they're all bunched together..



via apartment therapy

5 comments:

Ashley said...

wow thanks for posting this.
I've been searching high and low for decoration inspiration for my downtown apartment.
I love a good, colorful, bejeweled, organized mess.

JJ Casas (jcasasphotography.com) said...

I tell myself that when I get a place I'm going to pretend I'm a interior decorator and make it magazine photogenic worthy haha in due time!

ilsteviewonder said...

these spaces are really unique and pretty! like =)))

Mcmaris said...

Awesome post. I love those frames too!!

Fashion Monstre said...

ahhh! so pretty and colorful!!!