Saturday, February 13, 2010

paying homage

I miss being able to blog often but with this hectice internship schedule of mine PLUS being a full time student, it's so hard to find the time to blog, let alone go online! how do you faithful bloggers do it? throw me some advice.

so this week, I decided to play catch up with everything that's been going on in the fashion world and whatnot...and plenty has happened. starting with the death of Alexander McQueen. with the start of NYC Fashion Week, this couldn't have happened at a worse time. because fashion today is nothing without him.




on a much lighter note, NYFW is looking very well. here are my favorites so far:

Vena Cava



Charlotte Ronson




Generra


Twinkle by Wenlan





Jason Wu




Nicole Miller





and just to show how far the winners of Project Runway have come...

Christian Siriano



Irina Shabayeva



images via Coutorture


I'm re-vamping my wardrobe for the remainder of the semester/year. the thing is, I'm flat broke. WOMPS! I'm trying as hard as I can not to eat out but personally, I'd rather not live off lean cuisines...anyway I'm off to write a paper about Oscar de la Renta and all his genius but before I must wish everyone a Happy Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day! here's a video from The Soup taping I went to last thursday. it was so fun (and free!) and Joel McHale is real sexy.

4 comments:

Nancy Magoo said...

I'm so jealous, I adore Joel McHale. He's hilarious!

x

hia said...

yes the videos are similar :-DD
like the stuff.

Krissy ♥ said...

I haven't watched Project Runway before (it doesn't air on any of the channels I get) so I'm unfamiliar with any of the designers. But I really love Irina Shabayeva's collection that you posted. It's beautiful! :D

Hannah said...

wish i could have gone to charlotte ronson! and yeah i've never really watched project runway religiously but christian siriano and irina shabayeva both showed really beautiful collections.