Thursday, February 18, 2010

gowns galore

after writing 4 full pages (double spaced, though, less to my credit) about Oscar de la Renta's genius mind...researching past collections, googling vintage de la Renta items, analyzing his design aesthetic...I'm pooped and to be honest, I got sick of this guy for a while. then I realized, SHAME ON ME because after digging through hundreds of images and archives, I saw a pattern of masterpiece after masterpiece. his vision is so evident in all his looks, even when he designed for Balmain-it was clear that Oscar was behind the seams. I can't even begin to describe how on point he is with understanding the female body. so after this, I decided...he's doing my wedding dress. because no one can really do ruffles like Oscar...





now that the showroom is closed for 2 weeks (due to project & magic, etc. etc.) I have so much spare time to look at all the wonderful NYFW collections and after being so inspired by de la Renta this past weekend, I wanted to dedicate this little blog post to all the evening gowns that made an impression on me.

Carolina Herrera





Badgley Mischka



Monique Lhuillier




Tadashi Shoji



Donna Karan


Pamella Roland



Erin Featherston


Rodarte


Diane Von Furstenberg


Marc Jacobs



images via coutorture & modelcouture

7 comments:

ELLE said...

WOW. SO many amazing gowns. My faves are from Carolina Herrera and the Tadashi Shoji navy one.

dressed to please said...

nice blog! :D I LIKE IT sooooo ;O)))))

Follow my blog and I follow your blog:
http://dressedtoplease.blogspot.com/

i`m happy if you follow me toooo with bloglovin ;)

kiss from germany ;*)

bijoubijou said...

this is great! would love to own one of these!

such a wonderful post (as always)

xx

bijousstyle.blogspot.com

AH said...

love them all!

augustalolita said...

ooh yummy gowns!! i too, love oscar de la renta. he is definitely one amazing designer!! gorgeous photos!!

glamourgirl said...

oh all these gowns are to die for! its true, not one does it like oscar! the Monique Lhuillier dresses are gorgeous too! personally i NEED an elie saab wedding dress!

♥ Cara Mia ♥ said...

truly stunning gowns...especially oscar!

thanks for your comments....have a great weekend!
:)