Tuesday, January 19, 2010

leave it at the runway



I can't decide whether or not I like these looks better on the runway or the red carpet. while something can look so good at a fashion show, taking it out of that context takes a lot away from the dress and it ends up being on the worst dressed list, when really the dress is beautiful (sorry that was a long sentence...) you get what I mean though?

Camilla Belle in Valentino Spring 2010


via style.com & camilla-belle.net

Diane Kruger in Christian Lacroix Spring 2009


via style.com & celebrity-gossip.net

Chloe Sevingy in Valentino Spring 2010
I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this but I really did not like this dress. it looks so different from the side but once she turns face-on it's a diff story

via style.com & celebrity-gossip.net

Mariah Carey in Hervé Léger Fall 2009
I think this one speaks for itself...haha

via style.com & news.softpedia.com

9 comments:

bijoubijou said...

amazing post! I love Valentino so I have to say that dress was my fave out of these ;)

xx

bijousstyle.blogspot.com

AH said...

i totally agree with you, they all look so much better on the runway!

Sabine said...

Yeap, I know what you mean. I think the first one looks nice on the runway and 'in real life' (as if that was r.l....). The others not so. Sabine x

M a z p e said...

i love Diane's choice.


http://www.moneasywardrob.com

Krissy said...

I have to agree. The only celebrity that I think actually carries the dress well is Chloe Sevingy.

augustalolita said...

to be honest i really like the dresses on the ladies,i think all pulled it off nicely. the only one i dont like is maria carey!!

Ilse said...

hahahaha I TOTALLY agree with the last one hahaha. terrible.

ELLE said...

God, Maria.. put them away! I think Camilla looks really cute in hers but unfortunately I don't like Chloe's. The dress looked awkward when she collected her globe with the ruffles flying in her face!

vickileestyle said...

I definitely agree with the Valentino!