Monday, December 28, 2009

azn peace sign


I wish it were still Christmas! it went by way too fast this year. it's been 3 days but it feel like it's been 3 weeks. I want it back!


me and my cheesy high school friends :)

anyway, it feels good to be home. I used to dread coming back to this part of san fran but this year, I needed to be home. just to get a break from all the craziness and superficialness of la is very refreshing and it took me this long to realize it. if you've ever read Jean Baudrillard, you're probably familiar with the idea of crossing the line between the real and the fake...basically he thinks we're living in simulations of reality, whatever we think is "real" is actually "fake." because society/media is so good at what they do, no one can really tell what is real or not anymore. point is, whenever I'm in la, I can never tell who is real, or if I'm being real myself...it's weird what that city does to you. so being back in norcal I feel like myself again...at least I think what myself really is...ugh rambling


9th & Irving St. San Francisco
via flickr

what do you love most about being home? as for me...ASIANS are my favorite part about being home. partly has to do with being with my family and partly because I have no one in la to eat udon with. and what amazes me the most is that I'm the only one that knows how to eat with chopsticks while compared to my sf friends I look the most retarded when using chopsticks. I've had such an identity crisis all my 21 years of living and don't know if I'll ever figure it out 100% but as of now, I can suffice having the best of both worlds, even if it means travelling 388 miles just to be "myself."










asian glow



photos via thecobrasnake & my facebook

12 comments:

hia said...

wow i love the styles ;-)

ALWAYS CHASING said...

I'm always amazed when people can't use chopsticks, almost everyone I know is very competent! I guess they aren't exactly the most practical eating tool! :)

Ashley. said...

I love being asian, it's the best. I know what you mean about the real vs. fake thing, I feel that everyday when I get home from high school haha.

אדוה&לימור said...

great blog love your style :)

come visit us http://fashionisista.blogspot.com

Camilla said...

Thanks for the comment!
great blog!
Camilla

Rainbowpavingstones.blogspot.com

Dirty Hair Halo said...

Asian glow. Awesome.

I grew up in NorCal too. I miss it like all hell.

www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

Emma said...

like your blog!

Jade "Purple" Brown said...

i love your blog, you have so many gfreat pictures!

IDYLLE said...

ahw, thank you so much for your lovely comment a few days ago!
i love your blog too :)
xx

Graham I. Haynes said...

You were hanging out with Steve Aoki!?
I loved checking out these pics.

I know how you feel about needing "Asian time".
I'm half Japanese, grew up in Asia, and sometimes I need to just be with my chopstick compadres.

Anonymous said...

Приглашаем Вас посетить нашу [url=http://luxdoska.com]доску бесплатных объявлений[/url]. Вы сможете оставить свое объявление без регистрации, но с обязательной постмодерацией.
Надеемся что на нашей доске вы найдете именно то что вам нужно, или же сможете выгодно продать свои услуги

Anonymous said...

Новый сайт видео [url=http://videolov.com]знакомства, [/url]регистрация бесплатна.